Description: Authentic reproduction of the original 1946 Paris Red Peppers ballcap. Hand-sewn from genuine wool baseball cloth. This cap is built to last a lifetime.
- Made in the USA
- Genuine brown wool broadcloth, felt “P”
- Standard visor with green satin under visor
- Vintage hair cloth backed buckram crown
- Satin taping with cotton sweatband
- Adjustable sizes come with leather strap and antiqued brass closure
League: East Texas League
History: If you’re thinking Eiffel Tower and baguettes, think again. This East Texas town is perhaps best known for the eponymous 1984 film by Wim Wenders with Harry Dean Stanton and a haunting soundtrack by Ry Cooder. However decades earlier, there was a Class C team in the St. Louis Browns organization called the Red Peppers. The club was managed by one Homer Peel, a member of the 1933 World Champion New York Giants. Catcher Frank Sacka socked 30 big ones to lead the league in homers. Sacka went on to enjoy a couple of brief stints with the Washington Senators.